Hanukkah will be celebrated starting December 2 to December 10, 2018. In spirit of the Jewish Festival of Lights, we are sharing a great recipe to commemorate the holidays. This recipe is by the deliciously amazing blog, Pam’s Daily Dish.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup whole wheat pastry flour or you can use all-purpose if you want
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg white
- ⅓ cup butter, melted and cooled
- ½ cup fresh squeezed orange juice, preferably from a sweet Sunkist orange
- ½ cup baby applesauce
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tps salt
- zest of half an orange, or to taste
- 6 heaping tbsp marshmallow fluff
- colored sprinkles for decoration, optional
This recipe is so easy, you can make it anytime of the year. You’ll be able to come up with 12 delicious orange scented Hanukkah cupcakes!
- The oven should be preheated to 350 degrees.
- You will add the backing cups on a 12 cupcake tray.
- Mix the sugar, butter, orange juice, eggs and vanilla with a whisk until completely mixed.
- Add the dry ingredients to your batter. Make sure all the flour is mixed, use a spatula otherwise to mix it in.
- Mix for about 2 minutes with a hand mixer and place the batter in the fridge for 5 minutes.
- We’re half-way done, pour the batter into a measuring cup, this will make it easier to pour in the the batter in each cupcake backing cup.
- Fill 12 cups about ¾ high.
- Now you’re ready to back the cupcakes for 20 to 25 minutes, make sure to rotate the pan after 15 minutes of baking.
- If you notice the top is lightly brown and you stick a toothpick and it comes out clean, the cupcake is ready!
- Let the cupcakes cool down before decorating with your favorite frosting.
Approximately 12 cupcakes.
America Israel Tours takes you to these historical and Biblical sites of Israel. Check out our available Israel tours.